Monday 3 May 2010

Beltane Blessings...

Hello! I hope that everyone has had a wonderfully relaxed Bank Holiday weekend - and for those who celebrate it:

 A WONDERFUL time of year.....

My husband always tries to have this week off from work so we are having a lovely time here, we did Topsham Market at the weekend which was unexpected and lovely! But apart from that we have been able to relax and unwind - bliss.....

From a Weight Watchers point of view all has gone well - as you may know from previous posts I am a keen cook and baker so I really was not sure how this new regime would work.....BUT week one and a 4LB LOSS can't be bad can it??
Especially when I have been able to adapt recipes such as these:-

Spice Biscuits

100g plain flour
50g sugar - I use my vanilla or cinnamon sugar
tsp of cinnamon or mixed spice
75g butter
50g raisins

 So these.....

become these.....yum.....the big one is not for me!

And all for a point a biscuit- which if you are a weight watcher I think you will agree is pretty good.  I have tried the WW cookies in the past but they give me terrible indigestion and don't really taste of anything, so to be able to have something homemade is lovely.
And of course we have the lovely refrigerator biscuit cake from a previous post to munch on too.....

All for 2 points a piece - less if you cut it up smaller!

So - so far so good!  I am able to adapt a lot of my recipes so I do not feel like I am on a diet so we will see how things go.....I will keep you informed and keep my recipes in case anyone fancies trying any of them.


So I hope that if you have had some time off work this Bank Holiday you have been able to enjoy it with your loved ones.....

Warm Wishes for a Wonderful Week

2 comments:

Lucy Pursglove-Jones said...

Beltane Blessings to you too, Cally! :D
Well done on the loss. Scrummy baking! Looks divine! :D Xx

brialee said...

hi just discovered your site loveley blessings brialee xx